If you listed your child as a dependent on a previous tax return, you should find their social security number (SSN) on that form. Otherwise, you can contact the Social Security Administration at www.ssa.gov.
Where can I find my child’s social security number?
Articles in this section
- I failed the account verification step for setting up my 529 plan account. What do I do next?
- Who can set up an account?
- Can I create a fund if I'm not the child's parent?
- Where can I find my child’s social security number?
- What platforms can I use to sign onto and manage my Backer account?
- Can I add someone else as a manager for my account?
- How much should I save? How fast will my savings grow?
- I was saving for a future baby and now the baby is here! What should I do next?
Still have questions?
Send us a note so we can help you outSubmit a request